CALL GREEN ROOFING IF YOU SEE ANY OF THESE WARNING SIGNS
- MISSING GRANULES ON THE SHINGLES : Missing granules or loose granules after a hail storm indicates a possibility of hail damage. Also look inside your gutters for sediment.
- CURLING SHINGLES : Can be caused by high nails, lack of back coating, under-saturation of asphalt felt (in organic shingles), lack of ventilation and/or improper number of fasteners.
- BLISTERS/BUBBLES : Caused by moisture in the shingle.
- CEILING WATER SPOTS: Caused by roof leaks. Check attic ceiling for leaks in the decking. Check all bulging through the roof (around chimney and vents) for cracks or buckling. Check rafters or trusses for water spots or leaks. Look over the roof for damaged shingles.
- ROTTING: Caused by absorption of moisture by the mat at the core of the shingle. This is a common problem with organic based shingles.
- DAMAGED FLASHING: Can be caused by improper installation. Can also be caused by Hail, cracking, or settling of the structure.
- BUCKLING UP: A result of a wrinkled underlayment, roof deck movement, poor roof ventilation, or new shingles applied over old shingles.
- MISSING SHINGLES: Caused by improper installation or exposure to high winds and hail storms.
- HAIL DAMAGE: Causes missing granules, denting (pock holes) on shingles and roof leaks.
If you have spotted any of these sign on your property please do the right thing and call Green Roofing and Construction immediately for a free Estimate from a Professional.