Tips On Working With Your Insurance Company
Green Roofing and Construction has been working with insurance companies for many years. We know the most efficient way to process a claim properly. Below are a few tips to help you work with your insurance company:
Call Green Roofing and Construction for a free inspection. Our inspection will help you determine whether or not damage has occurred due to a storm
- If our inspection verifies that there is damage, contact your insurance agent to request an inspection from the agency.
- Your agent can authorize any temporary repairs necessary to prevent further damage to your property.
- Your insurance will likely ask for receipts from these emergency repairs so that they can reimburse you fully.
- It is suggested that you take pictures of the damage before you begin to repair it.
- Do not begin to make permanent repairs until after your insurance adjuster has been to your home to inspect the damage.
- Once the adjuster has inspected your home, you will receive a claim sheet. This sheet will outline the damage that has been incurred and how much funding you will receive for repairs, minus your deductible..
- Green Roofing and Construction offers free insurance claims assistance to ease the process.
The Insurance Claims Process
- After the Green Roofing and Construction inspector has verified your home’s damage, contact your insurance agent.
- The claims department should contact you either by phone or mail about the potential claim.
- Your insurance agency will send an adjuster to inspect and evaluate the damage.
- Your insurance’s claims adjuster should provide you with an itemized explanation of your claim settlement. This explanation should include the amount of your deductible and depreciation.
- Most insurance companies will grant homeowners coverage for the full replacement cost, as long as the repairs are actually completed. The company will determine that the depreciation is recoverable and the final payment will be made after you have submitted your receipts and they have been processed.